Monday, November 01, 2010

Short on Time Truffles

As the title suggests, I was short on time one day. I decided to make Oreo truffles since I didn't have time to bake a cake and let it cool. These are so simple to make:

1. Get a bag of Oreos. Or, if you buy the big family boxes at Sam's get three sleeves of Oreos.

2. Get a package of Cream Cheese.

3. Put Oreos in food processor until they are all crumbled up.

4. Add cream cheese to food processor and let it go until everything is a big blob.

5. Put all of this in plastic wrap or a bowl or whatever else will hold it and put it in the freezer for an hour or less. (You could also put it in the fridge for longer than an hour.)

6. Take it out and roll it into balls. I recommend about a tablespoon each. Or less. I used a coffee scoop this time and I felt like they were too big. As far as I am concerned one to three small bites is perfect. Do them whatever size makes your mouth happy.

7. Dip them in chocolate. Or make them into little cupcakes. We've done both. They are splendid no matter what. If you like Oreos, I think you will love these Oreo Truffles.

8 comments:

  1. Yum! That makes me think about using them as a topping for cupcakes. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I have got to try these Oreo truffles one day. I keep hearing so much about them. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves Oreos, so I know he would be wild about these. Great idea.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds great! I will definitely have to try them. Our family loves chocolate:) Thanks for the ideas.

    esterried[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this is great except that you didn't send me some! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:16 AM

    I love these too. Just found your blog and look forward to exploring it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've received a Stylish Blogger Award - come 'n' get it!! http://jollyoldengland.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Minima 4 coloum Blogger Template by Beloon-Online.
Simplicity Edited by Ipiet's Template
Background and cupcake design: Tiny-Dreamers Ebay store, Sprinkles digital scrapbooking kit