Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Something Wonderful Has Happened!

     Since circa 1998 I have been without my trusty 9x9" glass baking dish. I took it to my Aunt Bonnie's house one time for a family gathering. I took it there and baked my used-to-be-famous hot fudge pudding cake in it. When I got it back a couple of weeks later it had shrunk to 8x8". I didn't even realize this until I made another hot fudge cake and it spilled out all over my oven. I asked about my 9x9" pan but was told it did not exist. Someone in my family has it, they must. 

     I have been looking to purchase another 9x9 pan all these years. Scouring the internet, factory outlet stores, discount stores, department stores, specialty stores. No luck. 

     Yesterday I was just minding my own business in JCPenney and what did I spy? A 9x9 ceramic baking dish! Close enough, pal! I can make my soon-to-be-famous-again hot fudge pudding cake again.

      It's a Christmas Miracle!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my food blog The Diva of Tiny Foods and checking out my Pop Art Cupcakes. Plus you left a lovely tip for making my next round easier with your recommendation to nuke the frosting a bit so I could dip my cupcakes!

    BTW, I'm glad you found your 9x9 pan - losing a favorite baking dish can put a serious kink in your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my 9x9 glass baking dish....are you telling me they are now hard to come by??? OH NO...now Ill probably break mine, LOL.

    BTW....I have a give away going on...and your Key Lime post fits right in :) www.thechocolateladyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, so glad you got your pan back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done that internet scouring for something in particular that I didn't think was a big deal until I didn't have it! I'm so glad you found your dish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering my giveaway and becoming a follower. Followed you here. Goodluck!
    Oh! GoSh Goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot fudge pudding cake and Oreo truffles. You are my kinda girl! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love yours.

    ReplyDelete

 
Minima 4 coloum Blogger Template by Beloon-Online.
Simplicity Edited by Ipiet's Template
Background and cupcake design: Tiny-Dreamers Ebay store, Sprinkles digital scrapbooking kit