Saturday, January 27, 2007

Salsa Made Simple

For my first entry on this page, I'll start with something I do well. I make great salsa. It's so easy, you can do it, too! You were warned, it's addicting.

Take:

Two small or one large can of tomato sauce (or whole or diced tomatoes)
One half bunch of cilantro
One half jalapeno pepper (or more if you want it really hot!)
3-4 handfuls of onion, chopped
1 tsp - 1 TBS garlic, to your taste
A dash of salt - optional
1 TBS lemon juice -optional

Give it all a whirl in the food processor until the salsa is the consistency of your liking. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey. That's my salsa recipe right there. That I got from my friend Amy. 'Cept we put in juice squeezed from a lime. And more jalapeno than 1/2. Also a dash of original Mrs Dash. Love it, love it, love it!! :D

    Am liking your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne8:34 AM

    I like looking at the recipes. I am retired so I have a new interest in cooking.

    bowlinsuzy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Minima 4 coloum Blogger Template by Beloon-Online.
Simplicity Edited by Ipiet's Template
Background and cupcake design: Tiny-Dreamers Ebay store, Sprinkles digital scrapbooking kit